Walks around Little Gidding:
Little Gidding is set in rolling Cambridgeshire countryside. There are footpaths in a variety of directions, long and short, suitable for strolls or a good walk of a few miles. During your visit borrow the OS map and put on your boots!
There are many interesting churches in easy reach of Little Gidding. This one, St Andrew's Steeple Gidding, is just over half a mile away up a track.
Towns and Cities
Within an hour's drive of Little Gidding you will find:
- Cambridge (image on the right),
- Peterborough (the Cathedral is worth a visit),
- Ely (with another great Cathedral),
- Oundle (an old market town with a famous school),
- Fotheringhay (a unique church and the site of the castle where Mary Queen of Scots was beheaded and from which the photo at the top of the page was taken),
- Houghton with its old Water Mill,
- Stamford the website for this old town calls it "The finest stone town in England" - go and see for yourself!
- and a wide range of villages with pleasant streets, walks and pubs.